Eric's blog

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Apparently, I aint too good at computers. Remember a few blogs back, where I was trying to install something, and found out that I had downloaded the Japanese version? Well, I did something related to that again. I spent a good sum of yesterday trying to download new Aircrafts into my Flight Simulator 2002. Yeah, sure, it was complicated, but believe it or not, I was doing it right. So, I probably got it to work, right? Uh, no. Interesting how I got the hard part to work, but, the only thing I was doing wrong was… I’ll regret saying this, but… as it turns out, I’ve been trying to download planes from the 2004 version, rather then 2002 version needed. Again, I spent a good time of the day, accomplishing nothing, all because of some ridiculously obvious mistake. All’s well that ends well?

Anyway, I finally got it to work. I then downloaded a Concorde right there on the stop. That plane is fast. That Aircraft will get you to New York from San Francisco in an hour-and-a-half, a usual four hour flight.

I’ve been thinking a lot about the Concorde. It’s a really cool Airplane. It makes me wonder, why was it discontinued? Most people will say it did not have the energy efficient characteristics that were called for, but I don’t get that. Apparently, the Concorde guzzled up that gas in such a way that makes the benefit out way the outcome. Okay, I’m going to think logically here. The Concorde takes about three times as much gas as your normal commercial airliner tops. So, in that case, it’s extremely environmentally unfriendly, correct? However, this here plane was about three times faster then your average commercial airliner, essentially canceling out its oil cost, making it cost about the same as an average commercial airliner, just a lot faster. So why was it discontinued then? I don’t know. Maybe it was so fast it increased those odds of a serious accident, though that’s a problem that can be changed, right? I just don’t get it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home